Hi! Remember me? I know its hard, seeing as its been nearly 3 weeks since my last post. But fear not – I am back and ready to not only explain my reasoning for not blogging, but I am also prepared with l o t s of great content to finish out this semester! Anywho, today’s post will be covering the 5 top reasons why I have neglected my blog for the past few weeks. Enjoy! 🙂
1. Birthday Week | It all started Monday, March 9th – the beginning of this year’s birthday week. For those of you who don’t know (even though I’m not sure how you could not know), birthday week is the best week of the year. It is an overarching reason to do/eat/watch/buy w h a t e v e r your heart desires. This year’s birthday week was so overwhelming and fantastic that I had to take a nap on my actual day of birth – unheard of. Here are just a few of the fabulous highlights:
2. Social Team Awesomeness | Our team has been killing it lately! For St. Patrick’s Day our team put together a scavenger hunt around campus. Students were to look for little bags of “gold” and when they found one, they had to Snapchat us a picture of them with their gold to win a prize. Besides having fun, the point was to draw students to our Snapchat account and over the course of the day, we gained nearly 50 new followers. So, I’d say it was successful! We’re planning another fun event for Easter next week – so stay tuned on snapchat: mountunion. We’ve also stepped up our game on our @lifeofaraider Instagram account and ordered gifts for all of the people who have taken it over. Here’s a fun photo of me organizing some of the gifts (thanks for being awesome Print Studio)!
3. I GOT A JOB | Yep, you heard it right! As of graduation on May 9th, I will be an employed woman starting my life in the realllll world. I’ll be working at Quicken Loans in Detroit, where I interned this past summer, with the same incredible team! I’ll be working with social media – my love. So, life can’t really get any better. I am so happy and blessed.
4. BFF Roadtrip | Another dream of mine is finally becoming a reality. BFF Ann and myself have talked about roadtripping across the US since we were in middle school and it’s finally happening! As soon as we throw our graduation caps into the wind, we’ll be setting sail (no boat included) for the west coast and spending two weeks living the d r e a m exploring. We have lots of great ideas planned like camping, eating (obvi), wine tasting tours, meeting up with friends and more. However, we can’t just jump in the car and go. These things require planning 😉 + thankfully we came across the greatest website of all time (no, not Pinterest) : roadtrippers.com. It has been a savior with dates/times/places/etc. If you’re planning a trip of any kind, I recommend this website and app!
5. Kendrick Lamar | I wouldn’t feel right posting this without acknowledging one of the best albums to grace my ears lately – To Pimp a Butterfly. Kendrick sings his thought-provoking verses over melodic jazz harmonies and funky beats and it just feeds my soul. If you weren’t one of the 9.6 billion people to stream it on Spotify the day it was surprise released – I highly recommend you get on that pronto! Personally, I can’t get enough of “King Kunta,” “Hood Politics,” “Mortal Man” and “i.” Let me know what you think!
Besides that, life has just been rolling along, faster than I can stand. But stay tuned for more great app reviews and favorites! 🙂 Cheers!