For those of you reading this from anywhere besides the Eastern half of the United States, you may not be aware of the recent freezing temperatures we’ve been struggling through over here. Lots of school closings (except only a delay at my university), claims of frost bite, and shivering have taken over our lives. However, this has provided me with the perfect prompt for my blog – my favorite things to wear to protect myself from the cold. So here you have it!
- Patagonia Downtown Loft Parka | I was lucky enough to receive this beaut for Christmas and it has been my saving grace. Lots of my friends are sporting parkas of all sorts recently because who knew that covering up the lower half of your body could actually keep you warmer. Genius, I tell you. This coat is absolutely incredible though. The only gripe I have is that with the hood up, people tend to ignore me because I’m pretty sure they think I’m a dementor.
- Nike Glencoe Boot | I’ve had these boots, no joke, since I was in 8th grade and they’re still my all time favorite. They’re practically waterproof (unless you’re trudging through a flood) and they look awesome! I found them at FinishLine many years ago, but I’ve seen some for sale on eBay and Amazon more recently. You should totally pick up a pair of these because judging from the reviews they are “hot don’t stunt.” How could you say no to that???
- SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Socks | A perfect fit with my Nike boots – together these two keep my feet dry, warm and comfortable. I especially like these because they have a slightly padded arch which make them awesome for all day wear. They never bunch up and they come in cooool designs!
- Patagonia R1 Hoody | I love this hoody for several reasons! One: its soooo warm. I use it to layer when I play in the snow or just walking to class under a not-so-warm jacket. Two: it has this awesome side hoodie zipper that makes you look like a ninja and zips up next to your mouth so no cold zipper lips! Three: its fashionable and goes with e v e r y t h i n g. I suggest purchasing one pronto.
- Old Navy Beanies | I couldn’t write this post without a shoutout to my favorite winter hats. Old Navy basics are da bomb and you can get warm, cute hats in every color to match all your outfits for like $5!
Well, there you have it! I hope I’ve inspired you to pick up at least one of these hot items to make the rest of our awfully crisp winter a little less chilly. Cheers!