After browsing some articles on the top resolutions for the new years and how to make them stick, one suggested making your goals public by posting them on social networks. This way, you are held more accountable and it becomes much harder to quit. Therefor, seeing as how one of my resolutions is to blog more often, it only made sense to start off 2015 with a post about my resolutions.
So, without further ado, I give you my 2015 resolutions:
- R E L A X | With all the constant distractions we have today, it’s so easy to get caught up in them and the next thing I know, I’m having a quarter-life crisis – weekly. And with the pressure to graduate with great grades while simultaneously finding a good job and keeping my social life and weight in order – things are bound to get hectic coming this semester. So my main goal this year is to learn to relax. Things to help to achieve this include figuring out my triggers and what really snaps the breakdown; figure out a couple ways to relieve the stress (bubble baths, chocolate, going for a walk); reminding myself of my core mantra – just be. Together, these open the gates to a productive, yet enjoyable 2015.
update: 7.5/10 things did get hectic with graduation around the corner, but with some last minute life-changing decisions being made, i was still pretty calm. i’ve adapted to an adult lifestlye (as much as one can have while still living at home) decently well and do pretty well as not being stressed out about work. i’ve realized bubble baths do indeed work wonders and there’s nothing more refreshing than heading to bed early and waking up with a full nights rest to conquer the world.
- Complete Kayla Itsines 12 week BBG | I started this workout plan post-soccer season this past fall, but with all the holidays, I quickly fell off the wagon. Starting January 5th, I’m making the pledge to be part of #thekaylamovement and work my way to the best shape of my life.
update: 9/10 tammy and i got to week 10 of the #bbg workouts and decided with the nice spring weather and end of senior year around the corner, we were going to do our own workouts. unfortunately, i didnt stick to that promise too well, but happy we got pretty far on it. having a workout partner is so key. starting 2016 with this goal again, week 12 here i come.
- Secure a job | This one is pretty obvious, but essential and hopefully something I can check off my list prior to graduation on May 9th. Things I need to keep doing more of include: connecting, applying and sourcing.
update: 10/10 not only did i secure a job, but i actually had to make a decision on what job to take! i guess stressing out for a year and a half paid off.
- Up personal branding | If I want to make a living working with social, I need to bump up my personal game and start expanding into different techniques, platforms and styles. This will be achieved by blogging more often, creating an online professional portfolio, posting relevant content and again, connecting.
update: 5/10 i did better than i expected blogging at the beginning of 2015, but that soon fell off. also, with 16 social channels to manage at my job (@mountunion), keeping up with your personal brand can be hard. not going to focus too much on this in the new year, as i think working with new ideas and campaigns with work will naturally infuse my personal brand.
- Budget | In a few short months, I’m going to be in the real real world. As in paying for rent, insurance, gas, groceries, e v e r y t h i n g. Time to grow up and figure out how to balance a savings account and the urge to buy everything I see. I’m hoping to utilize my bank’s goal savings tools to help with this. #iLoveSimpleBanking
update: 2/10 not even sure i deserve that much. carrying this one over to 2016 because finances are still hard for me to get my grasp on.
In addition, there are a few things I want to incorporate into my daily life as just healthier options:
- No more pop (update: worked for 3/4 of the year, now i’m addicted. carrying over to 2016)
- Do more yoga (update: i think i was forcing this one. i tried several times, went to some classes, did some reading, but it just wasn’t coming naturally. definitely an awesome hobby and outlook on life to pick up, but not my time yet)
- Meditate, for real (update: read 1/4 of a book and signed up for an online class i never attended – work in progress)
So with that being said – here’s to a happier + healthier new year! I’d also love to hear about some of your resolutions, so please share!